Five random thoughts to begin your weekend:
1. Last nights NFL opening was amazing. The almost-comeback by the Saints had me on the edge of my seat and I’m a Packers fan! I could not have asked for anything better after months of worrying if we were going to have football. Hope Sunday’s games can live up to this kind of start. Welcome back, NFL, welcome back.
2. After reading the book of I Samuel for the last month, I’m convinced they should revive the old comic strip Lil Abner and replace the title character with a cartoon version of Saul’s general. The newspaper would come alive with gratuitous violence, political intrigue, and unwanted circumcision. Just a thought.
3. I hate commercials this time of year because they all contain trailers for new scary movies. At each program break, I’m running for the remote to keep my children from being horrified while they wait to see if SpongeBob can save the Krusty Krab. Yesterday, I kept my son from seeing one that contained a possessed puppet. If he would have caught sight of that, he would have spent the night in my bed curled in a permanent fetal position. And, frankly…they scare me too!
4. If you like worship music, and you know you do, you gotta check out “You Make Beautiful Things” by Gunger. Can’t get this song out of my head or heart. Download it now!
5. I had a conversation the other day about what to do if you ask someone if you could pray for them and they say, “No!” I’ve decided that they can’t stop me and I’m just going to go for it. But now, they ain’t gonna like my prayer so much!